Activity in Australia’s Civil Construction continues to strengthen across markets, but is being impacted heavily by change of governments in Vic/Qld and the upcoming NSW state Election (28 March 2015). The industry is seeing a strong pipeline of future projects but continues to cry out for consistency/commitment to projects as evidenced by the continual discussions around the East West Link in Melbourne.
Talent Associates are seeing continual increases for demand for Project Managers, Project Engineers and Foreman, with NSW becoming a hot spot and Victoria’s 2nd to 4th tier contractors beginning to get a lot busier. We haven’t seen too much salary pressure as yet but expect this to occur in the second half of 2015 as demand rises across states to secure talented individuals. We are also having a lot of companies engaging us to undertake search assignments for difficult to fill roles, succession planning activities and strategic hires.
Please find below a summary of some news that you may find interesting and some contracts that have been awarded in February.
If you are interested in any of the profiles attached or have any requirements you would like to discuss with us further, please don’t hesitate to give Talent Associates a call.
* 6 Feb – (Vic) Stockland to commence construction on $4.6bn development (http://tinyurl.com/pqtptgw)
* 7 Feb – (Qld) Government approves $3.8bn Brisbane Airport plan (http://tinyurl.com/nzwaadc)
* 9 Feb – (NSW) Sydney’s South West Rail Link Opened (http://tinyurl.com/pu3asly)
* 16 Feb – (Vic) Melbourne Metro Rail Authority established (http://tinyurl.com/q9zsfvn)
* 17 Feb – (Vic) $30m committed to Stage 1 of Murray Basin Rail Project (http://tinyurl.com/nul6pb2)
* 18 Feb – (Vic) $100m announcement for Flinders Street Station (http://tinyurl.com/on7r75p)
* 20 Feb – (Vic) $24m Rural Roads Funding announcement (http://tinyurl.com/poour4g)
* 25 Feb – (Vic) EOI’s closed for West Gate Distributor Northern Section (http://tinyurl.com/qzn6pd7)
* 2 Feb – (NSW) $2.6bn, Lend Lease, NorthConnex – nine kilometre twin tunnel link, M1 to M2
* 2 Feb – (Vic) $1m, SMB Civil, Road Safety Barrier Installation Works Morwell
* 5 Feb – (Vic) $1.73m, Services South East, Road Safety Improvement Works Murray Valley Highway
* 6 Feb – (Vic) $1.3m, Bitu-Mill (civil), Pavement rehabilitation/stabilisation McIvor Highway
* 11 Feb – (Vic) $1.67m, Enoch Civil, Traffic Signal Installation Princes Highway Dennington
* 11 Feb – (Vic) $3.88m, Services South East, Pavement rehabilitation on South Gippsland Highway
* 12 Feb – (NSW) $100m, BMD, Stage 1, Bringelly Road upgrade project
* 16 Feb – (QLD) $110m, Seymour Whyte, 5.7km duplication of Warrego Highway near Toowoomba 17 Feb – (Vic) $6.3m, Negri Contractors, Transport Network Improvements East Werribee
* 18 Feb – (Vic) $1.89m, ReCivil, Pavement Rehabilitation Calder Highway and Heathcote-Rochester Rd
* 18 Feb – (Vic) $1.5m, Newnham Earthmoving, Pavement rehabilitation/stabilisation, Nth Region
* 26 Feb – (Vic) $1.9m, Downer Edi Works, Pavement Rehabilitation Henty Highway