What an amazing few months we have had in the Australian Civil Construction industry with huge announcements across Australia on major projects as our industry is about to crank up to yet another gear!
Demand for experienced personnel across the industry continues to grow with everyone from tier 1 majors to small family owned subcontractors all looking to take advantage of the upswing in activity and/or to service existing needs. We are starting to see significant pressures on salary levels across the market as companies compete for scarce resources and major projects ramp up their thirst for resources.
Just a sample of some industry news;
- The Melbourne Metro Tunnel (Vic) – Preferred consortium for tunnel & stations announced being; Cross Yarra Partnership (Lendlease Engineering, John Holland, Bouygues Construction and Capella Capital).
- Westconnex M4-M5 Link (NSW) – $7.247bn, two consortium’s shortlisted for bid.
- West Gate Tunnel (Vic) – Preferred consortium announced; headlined by John Holland and CPB Contractors.
- Northern Gas Pipeline (NT) – Construction has commenced
- Haughton River Floodplain Upgrade (QLD) – Shortlisted tenderers announced
- Ballarat Rail Line Upgrade (Vic) – Lend Lease, Coleman Rail and SMEC named as the preferred bidder
- Murray Basin Rail Project (Vic) – McConnell Dowell & Martinus Rail preferred Contractor
- Sydney Metro Tunnel (NSW) – John Holland, CPB and Ghella awarded contract
- New South Wales – Committing up to $72.7b to infrastructure investments over the next 4 years.
- Vic Country Rail – $1.52bn announced in Vic Country Rail project
Talent Associates continue to be at the forefront of the provision of recruitment services across the Civil Construction industry and provide a highly knowledge & ethical service to our clients. If we can assist with any recruitment requirements please don’t hesitate to contact us.