Summer 2015 arrives with sunshine, optimism and excitement for the national infrastructure construction sector. Congratulations to the recent CCF Earth Award recipients with many exceptional entrants from around Australia. Activity in the infrastructure sector is really starting to heat up with many states having major projects under construction and in planning/bid stage including;
- Victoria: Level crossing removal program, $10bn+ Melbourne Metro Tunnel, $1.2bn Tulla Widening, $1bn + CD9 project and the $4bn + Western Distributor.
- South Australia: $450m Darlington, $185m+ O-Bahn and EOI currently for the $985m Northern Connector.
- Tasmania: TasWater & TasRail now starting to spend. $120m Tasmanian Freight Line Upgrade.
- NSW: West Connex, North West Rail Upgrade and a huge investment in rail & road projects with too many to list!
- QLD: QGC further $1.7bn investment in LNG, $650m Kingsford Smith Drive, $1.6bn Toowoomba Second Range Crossing (TSRC) and $1.13bn Caloundra to Sunshine Motorway.
Talent Associates recently attended the AusRail Conference & Exhibition held in Melbourne, which was the largest gathering of rail organisations and decision makers ever assembled in Australasia with over 400 exhibitors, 90 technical forums and in excess of 1,000 delegates. The rail industry in Australia is looking very exciting over the next 10 years.
Talent Associates are seeing a huge increase in demand for high quality staff, with many of our clients having strong work books and predicting big things in 2016. Project Managers continue to be in very high demand as are high quality forepersons/supervisors.